Tuesday, April 21, 2009

1 chronicles 11:1-47


Hello and welcome. Today I am reading through 1 chronicles 11:1-47. Grab your bible and let's get started. If you do not have a bible handy click here for today's read.


David Made King over All Israel, Jerusalem, Capital City
6Now David had said, "Whoever strikes down a Jebusite first shall be chief and commander." (F)Joab the son of Zeruiah went up first, so he became chief.

7Then David dwelt in the stronghold; therefore it was called the city of David.
8He built the city all around, from the [a]Millo even to the surrounding area; and Joab repaired the rest of the city.
9(G)David became greater and greater, for the LORD of hosts was with him.


David's Mighty Men
10(H)Now these are the heads of the mighty men whom David had, who gave him strong support in his kingdom, together with all Israel, to make him king, (I)according to the word of the LORD concerning Israel.


14They took their stand in the midst of the plot and defended it, and struck down the Philistines; and the LORD saved them by a great victory.


David did great things because the Lord was with him. ***** Even as I sit here today...trying to read the Lord's word...My children are fighting- I am trying to focus- trying to find understanding...but it was not until I gave this time-this situation and these circumstances to the Lord that I was able to read and focus on my study today...


Are you having a hard time getting into the Word like I am? I am aware that generational sins are great ones...I am aware that the only way to break generational sins is to give them to the Lord...The Lord's Words never say that sin won't happen...we all have fallen short of the glory of God. It does promise, however, that we can through the believe of Jesus-find hope.


May you and your generations find hope today :o)


~simply~