Wednesday, February 25, 2009

2 kings 17:1-41



Today I have been thinking alot about hidden blessings...That is what I will be looking for in my reading today.


today I am reading through 2 kings 17:1-41


I have decided to change things up a bit...to start off why don't you go and read the chapter for today(click here) and join me back here for a chat about it.


Wow! the verses today had many little nuggets of wisdom.
13Yet the LORD warned Israel and Judah through all His prophets and every seer, saying, "Turn from your evil ways and keep My commandments, My statutes according to all the law which I commanded your fathers, and which I sent to you through My servants the prophets."
14However, they did not listen, but stiffened their neck like their fathers, who did not believe in the LORD their God.
Turn from our evil ways...keep My commandments. However they did not listen. Let us all take heed in this warning to not be stiff necked, and choose to follow the Lord our God.
Is the Lord warning you about something today? Are we keeping his commandments? That is something to be mindful as we continue on with our day today.
Please join me in reading 2 kings 18:1-37


~simply~