Monday, March 9, 2009

2 kings 18:1-37


Hello and welcome. Today I am reading through 2 kings 18:1-37. You can find it here. Go ahead and read it and meet me back here for a chat about it.

Elah was so young. Much younger than our standards would be today...young for such a responsibility-to be king. But it says that he did which was right.

2 Twenty and five years old was he when he began to reign; and he reigned twenty and nine years in Jerusalem: and his mother's name was Abi the daughter of Zechariah.
3 And he did that which was right in the eyes of Jehovah, according to all that David his father had done.

It also says that he put his trust in Jehovah

5 He trusted in Jehovah, the God of Israel; so that after him was none like him among all the kings of Judah, nor among them that were before him.

If only I in my {ahem} older age could put all my faith and trust into the Lord Jehovah...I could then be as wise as a king! And my children would do what was right and true and keep a generation living in the ways of the Lord.

Please join me in reading through 2 kings 19:1-37