Saturday, May 2, 2009

1 chronicles 14

Hello and welcome. Today I am reading 1 chronicles 14. Grab your bible and let's get started. If you do not have a bible handy just click here for today's read.

David's Family Enlarged
1(A)Now Hiram king of Tyre sent messengers to David with cedar trees, masons and carpenters, to build a house for him.
2And David realized that the LORD had established him as king over Israel, and that his kingdom was highly exalted, for the sake of His people Israel.
3Then David took more wives at Jerusalem, and David became the father of more sons and daughters.


Philistines Defeated
8When the Philistines heard that David had been anointed king over all Israel, all the Philistines went up in search of David; and David heard of it and went out against them.
9Now the Philistines had come and (C)made a raid in the valley of Rephaim.
10David inquired of God, saying, "Shall I go up against the Philistines? And will You give them into my hand?" Then the LORD said to him, "Go up, for I will give them into your hand."


16David did just as God had commanded him, and they struck down the army of the Philistines from Gibeon even as far as Gezer.
17Then the fame of David went out into all the lands; and (E)the LORD brought the fear of him on all the nations.

*** and the LORD brought the fear of him on all the nations...because he did just as God had commanded him (v 16)

I know I have a promise of the Lord...a small voice that has helped me to hold on in hard times...I believe that is the holy spirit helping me to "hang in there." During our church service our pastor had us each pray for either "a vision, of the Lord or "peace in the waiting" for our visions he gave to each of us...it is my prayer that you find your vision this week if you have not already...May the Lord guide you.

I believe it is my job to join the Lord in what he is doing...not to ask him to help me do what I want to do...I just love the song "be thou my vision" it seems so fitting for today :o)

please join me in reading 1 chronicles 15