Monday, November 19, 2007

Exodus 3:1-22

Hello and welcome back. I'm glad your here...I know how busy it is with thanksgiving coming up but it is times like these when I realize how much I need the Lord to get me through the Holiday's...Today we read through Exodus 3:1-22


The Burning Bush
1Now Moses was pasturing the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian; and he led the flock to the west side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God.
2The angel of the LORD appeared to him in a blazing fire from the midst of a bush; and he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, yet the bush was not consumed.

To read the rest of the passage click here

4When the LORD saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, "Moses, Moses!" And he said, "Here I am."
5Then He said, "Do not come near here; remove your sandals from your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground."
6He said also, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob " Then Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God.

The Lord told him that he heard the cries of his people and he was going to deliver them from the power of the Egyptians.

9"Now, behold, the cry of the sons of Israel has come to Me; furthermore, I have seen the oppression with which the Egyptians are oppressing them.

10"Therefore, come now, and I will send you to Pharaoh, so that you may bring My people, the sons of Israel, out of Egypt."

13Then Moses said to God, "Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you.' Now they may say to me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?"
14God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

18"They will pay heed to what you say; and you with the elders of Israel will come to the king of Egypt and you will say to him, 'The LORD, the God of the Hebrews, has met with us So now, please, let us go a three days' journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the LORD our God.'
19"But I know that the king of Egypt will not permit you to go, except under compulsion.
20"So I will stretch out My hand and strike Egypt with all My miracles which I shall do in the midst of it; and after that he will let you go.

Can you imagine this conversation...Go to the place that the king said he was going to kill you and tell them that they can no longer treat your people this way...That is what the Lord is asking him to do...can you just imagine it? And he reacted the way I would...are you kidding me? How am I supposed to pull this on off...and the Lord simply said to him...You have the Generations of a whole people behind you...in this there is power...and I (the Lord) will go before you and make them understand. Oh what a calling indeed.

Please join with me as I read Exodus 4:1-31

Enjoy your day today :o)