Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Exodus 5:1-23

Hello and thank you for joining me in today's reading of Exodus 5:1-23

1And afterward Moses and Aaron came and said to Pharaoh, "Thus says the LORD, the God of Israel, 'Let My people go that they may celebrate a feast to Me in the wilderness.'"
2But Pharaoh said, "Who is the LORD that I should obey His voice to let Israel go? I do not know the LORD, and besides, I will not let Israel go."

you may read the rest of the passage here

The Pharaoh then made the people work even harder.

20When they left Pharaoh's presence, they met Moses and Aaron as they were waiting for them.
21They said to them..."May the LORD look upon you and judge you, for you have made us odious in Pharaoh's sight and in the sight of his servants, to put a sword in their hand to kill us."
22Then Moses returned to the LORD and said, "O Lord, why have You brought harm to this people? Why did You ever send me?
23"Ever since I came to Pharaoh to speak in Your name, he has done harm to this people, and You have not delivered Your people at all."

This is an interesting place to leave you for today...I hope you can spare a few minutes tomorrow read some more of this interesting story.

until then...please read through Exodus 6:1-30

blessings