Friday, October 5, 2007

Genesis 15:1-21

Today we read Genesis 15:1-21... We learned that Abram had a vision in the form of a dream when the Lord spoke to him.. "
Do not fear, Abram,
I am a shield to you;
Your reward shall be very great."

2Abram said, "O Lord GOD, what will You give me, since I am childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?"
3And Abram said, "Since You have given no offspring to me, one born in my house is my heir."
4Then behold, the word of the LORD came to him, saying, "This man will not be your heir; but one who will come forth from your own body, he shall be your heir."

We then learn that the Lord led Abram outside and had him look into the night sky...count the stars if you are able...that is how many your descendants will be. We also learned that Abram questioned the Lord and the Lord explained to him that there will be his descendants that are strangers to a land that is not theirs and they will be enslaved for 100 years...The Lord also said "But I will also judge the nation whom they will serve, and afterward they will come out with many possessions.

15"As for you, you shall go to your fathers in peace; you will be buried at a good old age. He then told him that the 4th generation would return and they will recieve the land.

So the Lord basically showed Abram how his life and the lives of his descendants would pan out...I wonder what Abram thought of all this?..was he worried for his descendants? was he relieved they would be given the land? (hmmmmm)

please join me in tomorrow's reading of Genesis 16:1-16 When we will learn about Sarai and Hagar.
Until then...blessings to you.