Tuesday, October 30, 2007

genesis 36:1-43

Hello There...I am so glad you're with me today :o) Today we read Genesis 36:1-43.

2Esau took his wives from the daughters of Canaan: Adah the daughter of Elon the Hittite, and Oholibamah the daughter of Anah and the granddaughter of Zibeon the Hivite;
3also Basemath, Ishmael's daughter, the sister of Nebaioth.

6Then Esau took his wives and his sons and his daughters and all his household, and his livestock and all his cattle and all his goods which he had acquired in the land of Canaan, and went to another land away from his brother Jacob.
7For their property had become too great for them to live together, and the land where they sojourned could not sustain them because of their livestock.
8So Esau lived in the hill country of Seir; Esau is Edom.

The rest of today's reading gives an outline of the decendants of Easu. If you haven't read it click here.

I am often amazed at how the descendants come down from Noah or Abraham or his children or their children...this is to show us that we are all connected to these Men that lived so long ago...It is our history...and I look at my own history with interest to see where I came from and hopefully my children will look at our history to learn more about where they came from...History = His story.

please join me in reading Genesis 37:1-36