Saturday, October 13, 2007

Genesis 22:1-24


Today we read Genesis 22:1-24
We learned that the Lord was to test Abraham...he sent him off to the mountains with wood and his son for a burnt offering...

7Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said, "My father!" And he said, "Here I am, my son." And he said, "Behold, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?"

8Abraham said, "God will provide for Himself the lamb for the burnt offering, my son." So the two of them walked on together.
9Then they came to the place of which God had told him; and Abraham built the altar there and arranged the wood, and bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood.



10Abraham stretched out his hand and took the knife to slay his son.
11But the angel of the LORD called to him from heaven and said, "Abraham, Abraham!" And he said, "Here I am."
12He said, "Do not stretch out your hand against the lad, and do nothing to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me."



13Then Abraham raised his eyes and looked, and behold, behind him a ram caught in the thicket by his horns; and Abraham went and took the ram and offered him up for a burnt offering in the place of his son.
Abraham took this example with him..."it will be provided"



My Husband and I were talking about this just the other day...I added the picture of our son at the top of the page because we don't know if we could sacrifice him...if asked to...but the more we talked the more we realized that the sacrifice that Abraham had such a hard time doing... he feared the Lord and would have done it...but did not have to. God did sacrifice his only son...for our sake...he did follow through!


Please join with me as we continue on...Genesis 23:1-20


Have a wonderful weekend...see you back here on monday.