Friday, October 19, 2007

Genesis 27:1-46

Hello and welcome back :o) I sure hope you are having a great day so far...Today we read Genesis 27:1-46.

Ahh birthright and blessing...We know that Jacob already took the birthright of Esau and now he had taken the blessing also...

We learned that Isaac had called for Esau to hunt and cook and bring it to him to receive the blessing before his passing...Rebekah had heard this and sent in Jacob to receive the blessing instead...He did and Isaac was fooled into giving Esau's blessing to him.

When Esau found out about this he was angry..he was now to be a servant to his brother Jacob. He decided that after the death of his father he would just kill his brother for what he had done...

42Now when the words of her elder son Esau were reported to Rebekah, she sent and called her younger son Jacob, and said to him, "Behold your brother Esau is consoling himself concerning you by planning to kill you.
43"Now therefore, my son, obey my voice, and arise, flee to Haran, to my brother Laban!
44"Stay with him a few days, until your brother's fury subsides,
45until your brother's anger against you subsides and he forgets what you did to him. Then I will send and get you from there. Why should I be bereaved of you both in one day?"
She later was talking with Isaac...

"I am tired of living because of the daughters of Heth; if Jacob takes a wife from the daughters of Heth, like these, from the daughters of the land, what good will my life be to me?"

And there the story ends...I think I would be tired too...Look at all the scheming she had done and yet she blames it on the daughters of Heth...I am excited to see what tomorrow's reading will be...

Please join me in reading Genesis 28:1-22



Until then...have a great day :o)